Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children, a statewide children's advocacy organization located in Harrisburg, PA, is seeking a part-time consultant to help advise and lead our early learning efforts.
Applicants should be seasoned professionals with a strong advocacy background including successful experience in issue and/or electoral advocacy campaigns, policy development, coalition building and mobilization.
The position reports to the president and CEO. Primary duties include:
1. Pro-actively develops a public policy platform to support the availability of high quality early learning for every child using data and research evidence.
2. Leads the organization's efforts in early learning coalitions and campaigns including the engagement of advocacy partners, grasstops leaders and grassroots activists. Recruits grassroots and grasstops early learning supporters to PPC's network.
3. Monitors and analyzes state efforts focused on early learning with particular emphasis on programs under the jurisdiction of the Office of Child Development and Early Learning.
4. Monitors and analyzes federal early learning efforts and recommends areas for PPC's engagement.
5. Represents PPC as appropriate at the state and national levels inside and outside of government.
6. Participates in advisory groups and task forces as appropriate.
7. Works closely with PPC's director of communications, director of government relations and KIDS COUNT director to advance a strong early learning advocacy effort.
8. Provides relevant information and updates for inclusion in PPC publications.
9. Provides all necessary assistance for funder support for the project.
10. Other duties as assigned by the president and CEO.
Special qualifications necessary:
Applicants must be committed to working in a fast-paced environment. Compensation is competitive.
Send resume and salary requirements by Jan. 10, 2014, to:
Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children
116 Pine Street, Suite 430,
Harrisburg, PA 17101
or e-mail to email@example.com