Ensure each child has an adequate and equitable, high-quality public education, regardless of their zip code. This includes equipping students with supports to meet their special education needs and focusing on building skills to graduate successfully, transition to higher education, or enter the workforce career ready.
K-12 Education Policy Goals
- Support increased investments in basic education and special education funding and evaluate and recommend strategies to address and advance adequacy and equity.
- Produce publicly available and easily digestible education data disaggregated by race, ethnicity, and gender.
- Ensure adequate state funding for career and technical education (CTE) so every interested child can participate.
- Continue to develop a comprehensive and transparent accountability framework for schools and their personnel.
- Conduct a landscape analysis of how local education agencies offer and provide mental health services to students.
K-12 Education Publications
Be a Voice for Kids
Stay up-to-date about our public policy work in this and other areas by signing up to receive our biweekly e-newsletter, “A Voice for Kids.”