Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children is working to ensure that each pregnant woman and child in Pennsylvania has the opportunity for affordable, quality health care access.
No pregnant woman or child in Pennsylvania should be without health insurance and the access to quality health care that is necessary for healthy birth outcomes, improved physical and mental health of a new mother, and for a child’s healthy development into adolescence and through adulthood.
PPC’s maternal and child health care policy agenda provides a comprehensive look at where we can close the gaps for those left without health insurance by expanding eligibility, where we can strengthen both types of benefits as well as access to physical, mental, and dental services, and access to nutritious foods.
Maternal and Child Health Policy Goals
- Extend access to prenatal and postpartum services within Medicaid for mothers to ensure expecting mothers, infants, and toddlers start and stay healthy.
- Build on the success of Medicaid and CHIP to ensure every Pennsylvania child is insured.
- Promote positive health outcomes for children as a direct result of Medicaid, CHIP, and/or the Affordable Care Act.
- Assure that children enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP have adequate benefit packages to meet their needs and that they are appropriately participating in well-child visits as well as receiving immunizations and screenings necessary for their healthy development.
- Assure that children enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP are receiving dental care as oral health is a key measure of overall health.
- Promote efforts to identify and prevent lead exposure in children to ensure their healthy development.
- Increase access to healthy nutrition for women and young children to ensure healthy development.
Health Insurance Options for Pennsylvania Families
Health insurance opens doors to regular doctor’s visits for check-ups, shots to help prevent diseases, dental care, and more! Every child deserves a healthy start for success in school and life.
No family makes too little or too much to get health insurance.
Sign up your child today for free or low-cost health insurance and get the peace of mind of knowing they’re covered.
Medicaid 1-866-550-4355 or online
CHIP 1-800-986-KIDS (5437) or online
Pennie™ 1-844-844-8040 or online
Medicaid Matters for PA Kids
Nearly half (46%) of all kids in Pennsylvania receive their health insurance through Medicaid and CHIP, providing them with the preventive and comprehensive care necessary for optimal development and learning.
Check out our video series – Medicaid Matters – to view short video messages from grasstops leaders across sectors such as health care, child welfare, early learning, and education on why Medicaid and CHIP matter to them.
Health Care Publications
Thriving PA Campaign
The wellbeing of Pennsylvania’s families depends on mothers, infants, and toddlers having equitable access to quality health and nutrition supports.
PPC is a partner of the non-partisan statewide Thriving PA campaign that seeks to improve the quality of and increase equitable access to a coordinated system of health supports, including access to comprehensive perinatal health services, children’s health insurance, nutrition supports, and lead screening and abatement.
To learn more, visit thrivingpa.org.
Be a Voice for Kids
Stay up-to-date about our public policy work in this and other areas by signing up to receive our biweekly e-newsletter, “A Voice for Kids.”