Job Posting: Operations Director
Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children (PPC), a statewide, nonprofit, nonpartisan child advocacy organization located in Harrisburg, PA, has an immediate full-time opening for an Operations Director.
PPC’s vision is to ensure every child living in Pennsylvania can thrive and reach their full potential, and our policy agenda covers issues including early care and education, perinatal and child health, child welfare and K-12 education.
The Operations Director will oversee the day-to-day activities of PPC, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively. A thorough understanding of and broad experience with various nonprofit functions is essential, including board governance, finance and budgeting, information systems, human resources, fund development, operational strategic development and planning, and performance metrics and analysis. The successful candidate will have senior-level experience in a nonprofit organization’s operations management.
The position reports to the President and CEO.
Primary duties include:
- Serve as the primary daily liaison for PPC’s Board of Directors, working with the President and CEO on training, and coordinating board and committee meetings, including preparation of materials, and ensuring regular communication.
- Assist the President and CEO with fundraising efforts, focusing on corporate and individual fundraising but assisting in the administration of foundation fundraising, including executing and monitoring contracts with subgrantee organizations.
- Oversee procurement of contracts and purchasing. Manage and serve as the primary liaison with PPC’s operational vendors/contractors, including but not limited to information technology, human resources, and finance:
- Work closely with PPC’s finance contractor in providing cash reports, developing, and executing its organizational budget, coordinating the annual audit, and executing contracts.
- Work closely with the information technology vendor on equipment needs and coordinate service tickets.
- Work with the human resources vendor to develop standardized employee onboarding and training procedures. Maintain up-to-date employee handbook and regularly review employee policies for compliance. Work closely with the President and CEO in reviewing insurance coverages/benefits packages for the organization and its staff.
- Evaluate the efficiency of organization procedures and processes and identify areas of improvement. Implement policies and procedures as needed to improve day-to-day operations.
- Coordinate with other staff in developing and implementing organizational strategic planning, including keeping PPC’s dashboard up to date with operational metrics to help meet performance goals.
- Coordinate with other staff to ensure PPC’s equity commitment, particularly from an operations perspective.
- Develop and maintain the organization’s business continuity plan.
- Improve the utilization and maintenance of internal customer relations databases.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to nonprofit rules and regulations for compliance.
- Oversee internal operation’s needs, including ordering supplies, managing staff timesheets, and assisting in event/meeting coordination as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required skills and abilities include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience also considered.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in nonprofit management.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into an operational plan.
- Working knowledge and experience with bookkeeping and accounting best practices, including budgeting.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills are critical.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Contribute to a team environment with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task across various ongoing projects.
- Passion for issues impacting children preferred.
Salary and benefits package is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. PPC provides a flexible hybrid home/office working schedule.
Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children
Attn: Kari King
200 North Third Street, 13th floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org