Start Strong PA kicked off 2020 by delivering a New Year’s resolution frame to every member of the general assembly, asking them to sign the frame in support of the healthy development of all Pennsylvania infants and toddlers and show their commitment to ensuring all children start strong. PPC is a member of the campaign, which is focused on advancing access to high-quality child care and urging an additional investment of $76.7 million in state funding in the upcoming budget. These funds would grow the number of infants and toddlers receiving high-quality, subsidized child care by almost 20 percent against a total demand of roughly 95,000 unserved, eligible infants and toddlers.
You can support Start Strong PA by following these steps so that policymakers have photos to put in their New Year’s resolution frames:
- First, find your Senator or Representative:
- Type in your address and press search
- You will be given links to your PA House and PA Senate members
- Clink on the link (policymaker’s name) and you will be sent to their website. On the left-hand side is their Harrisburg office address.
- Place the photo and a message that says “Make me your New Year’s resolution” in an envelope
- Mail to their Harrisburg office