Health Insurance Matters for a Healthy Childhood!
There are lower-than-normal rates among Pennsylvania kids for some immunizations that protect against childhood diseases like measles, but it’s never too late to schedule a routine well-child visit and to catch up on immunizations!
Importance of In-Person, Well-Child Visits
- Checking healthy weight and nutrition
- Tracking developmental milestones
- Screening mental health and social-emotional development
- Administering routine vaccines against childhood diseases, such as polio, hepatitis, whooping cough, chickenpox, flu, meningitis, and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)
- Providing positive parenting support
Read the fact sheet:
PA Families Have Options for Affordable Health Insurance!
No family makes too little or too much to get health insurance. Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) are open for enrollment 365 days a year. Sign your child up for free or low-cost health insurance today and get peace of mind knowing they’re covered.
Pennsylvania’s health insurance marketplace, Pennie™, became even more affordable for families thanks to the recently passed American Rescue Plan. Enroll in coverage any time of the year during a qualifying life event, like losing health insurance or having a baby.
Pennie™ 1-844-844-8040 or online
Vaccines for Children Program Offers Free Vaccines!
The Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program provides vaccines at no cost to children who do not have health insurance or children whose insurance does not cover immunizations.
Learn more at 1-877-PA HEALTH (1-877-724-3258)